If your pool is a custom shape, please follow this AB Measurement Guideline
- Draw a sketch of the pool shape on the grid provided in the measuring sheet.
- To represent the A - B line, mark 2 points on the deck about 3 feet away from the pool. Note that your A is always on the left of B as you face the pool and the pool is in front of your A - B line. This A - B distance should be about 2/3 rd's of the total length of the pool. Make sure that the A - B line does not cross the pool.
- Measure the A - B length and enter it in the A - B space provided on the sheet.
- Use chalk to mark points clockwise around the entire edge (inside) of the pool at about 3 feet intervals. The first point should be directly across from the center of the A - B line. All the corners including the step should be marked and the inside curves should be marked at 1 foot intervals.
- Any obstructions, like slides, legs, ladders, rock waterfalls (all non removable obstructions) within 18 inches away from the water edge should be marked. This could be done last.
- Using a measuring tape, measure the distance from point A on the A - B line to all the points on the pool starting from #1 and record it in the A column of the A - B sheet. Likewise, measure the distance from B to all points on the pool to record it.
Here are some guidelines for measuring standard shaped pool - ones as shown below, please provide all the measurements marked.
The measurements should be accurate and clear for the perfect fit cover.